- Giant List of Steak Cuts
- How to Flame Cook the Perfect Juicy Steak
- The Perfect Steak: Selecting Your Cut of Steak
- Bizarre Picnic Tables by Michael Beitz
- Coffee & Coriander Rub Recipe to Perk Up Your Grilled Goods
- Two Fired Up Recipes To Help You Make the Perfect Steak
- Hot Squeeze Interview with Sue Sullivan
- Reverse Seared Steak: a Step by Step Guide
- Cooking Steak in a Dutch Oven
- Homemade Jerky in a Smoker
Coffee & Coriander Rub Recipe to Perk Up Your Grilled Goods
Sometimes simple is best, especially when cooking with marinades and rubs. Many recipes can quickly get overwhelming, losing the taste of a quality cut by throwing too many ingredients into the mix and masking the flavor of the meat. To enhance the flavor of your grilled goods, try using a simple rub, like our simple combination of coffee, coriander, peppercorns and kosher salt. We found that the coffee and coriander in this rub recipe add a nutty earthiness to everything from steak to roast, and using both pink and black peppercorns provide a complex spice. Be sure to grind your spices fresh each time you mix up a batch of this rub; preparing it more than a few days in advance will allow the spices to lose much of their flavor. We recommend buying an inexpensive electric coffee grinder, just for grinding your own fresh spices.
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp. pink peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp. coriander
- 2 Tbsp. coffee beans
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- In a spice or coffee grinder, grind peppercorns, coriander and coffee.
- Mix in kosher salt and rub directly on meat, up to 30 minutes before searing.